The mission of the Decatur Independent School District’s Communications and Public Relations Department is to create a supportive environment based on mutual respect, trust and collaboration which builds stronger links with our employees, parents, families, and the community through effective communication, servant leadership, and quality personal service.
The DISD Communications Department coordinates projects and strengthens the district's communications efforts to support the district's strategic plan initiatives. Currently our department programs include:
- Community Relations
- Education Foundation Board of Directors
- Education Foundation "Staff Partners" program
- "Decatur Cares" Board of Directors
- PTO Executive Board program
- District Employee Recognition program: "Difference Makers"
- District Mobile App
- District Website
- Athletic Hall of Honor; Veteran Wall of Honor
- Special Events
- Marketing and Sponsorships
- Social Media: District accounts for Twitter and Facebook