The mission of the Decatur Independent School District’s Communications and Public Relations Department is to create a supportive environment based on mutual respect, trust and collaboration which builds stronger links with our employees, parents, families, and the community through effective communication, servant leadership and quality personal service.
The DISD Communications Department coordinates projects and strengthens the district's communications efforts to support the district's strategic plan initiatives. Currently our department programs include:
- Social Media: District accounts for Twitter and Facebook
- District Employee Recognition program: "Difference Makers"
- PTO Executive Board
- District Mobile App
- Website updates and design
- Athletic Hall of Honor; Veteran Wall of Honor; History of DISD Committee
- Special events
- DHS Student Service Hours Initiative
- Liaison and Board of Directors member for the Education Foundation
- Community Bond Oversight Committee