COVID-19 Update (08-25-21):
* Parents will be notified if their student has been in close contact with a Positive COVID case starting August 30, 2021.
* Masks are not required but encouraged with the recent increase of positive testing.
* Social distancing practices will be enhanced.
* Sanitation and disinfecting in common areas will be increased. Classrooms will have hand sanitizer and other disinfecting supplies.
* Required quarantine is for positive tested students and staff.
* If there is a positive case in the home and the student shows symptoms, contact your school nurse.
* For staff who meet the close contact threshold and continue to work on campus, rapid testing must be performed at the start of the day at least every other day until the end of day 10.
Review DISD's updated Protocol Safety Plan
2021-22 Safety Protocols
The DISD School Entry Plan and Safety Protocols (updated August 25, 2021) is in compliance with executive orders (federal and state) and considers the recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Texas Education Agency (TEA), and local health authorities. This plan and protocols are subject to change during the school year based on changes to executive orders and recommendations from the aforementioned agencies and authorities.
Decatur Independent School District (DISD) is applying for an American Rescue Plan, ESSER III Federal Grant. This grant will provide funding to the district in two major categories: student learning loss due to COVID-19 and the safe re-opening of the public school district