REGULAR SCHEDULE ANNOUNCEMENTS SEPTEMBER 16, 2019
- Students who are interested in joining Student Council please pay $30 for dues. STUCO is a place for students who are interested in opportunities to develop leadership skills by organizing and carrying out school activities and service projects. Our goal is to promote school spirit and positivity around our school and community. Dues are to be turned in to Mrs. Bayless in room 229 by Friday.
- The Journal Staff has been working hard covering things at and around DHS. Check out our latest stories @ decaturjournal.com
- DHS will be participating in Start With Hello Week, which is part of the Sandy hook Promise. We will acknowledge Start With Hello this week. Start With hello is a program that was developed to help raise awareness about social isolation. In every school and in every community, there are young people who suffer silently because they feel left out, alone or invisible. We would like to take this week to encourage students to reach out to each other. Each day we will have students at the school entrances greeting the student body. We will also have a Mix It Up lunch on Thursday, where we will encourage students to sit with different groups and step outside their friend groups. We want DHS to be a place where everyone is included and feels like they are acknowledged and accepted.
- Students! Kona Ice is coming to DHS Thursday during all lunches! Come and get yourself a treat and be entered into a drawing to win a FREE YEARBOOK! (One entry per person. Students must print their name on the list with a yearbook staffer after purchasing their sno cone.)
- 9th and 11th graders who are interested in taking the PSAT on Wednesday, October 16, should sign up and pay in the 2nd floor office before this Wednesday (9/18). The PSAT for juniors costs $17 while the PSAT for freshman costs $12. Cash or check only. Stop by room 213 or the 2nd floor office with any questions you may have.
- Pink out shirts are for sale through Friday! Order yours today in the 1st or 2nd floor office!
- The homecoming pep rally is coming up quickly and STUCO is in the need of students and staff members with little rhythm and a big sense of humor to participate in the pep rally skit. Go see Mrs. Bayless in room 229 if you have questions or want to sign up!
- ATTENTION SENIORS and SENIOR PARENTS! Buy your senior recognition ad in this years’ yearbook at jostensadservice.com Hurry before prices go up!
- Students taking AP exams can begin paying in the 2nd floor office. DISD will pay for one AP test per student. Each additional exam costs $94. By Friday, November 1, students will need to pay the initial payment of $40 per exam. The $40 covers the nonrefundable Collegeboard cancellation fee should the student decide not to take an exam after the ordering deadline. The remaining exam balances can be paid out over time but must be paid in full by Thursday, March 12. Students will register for the exam(s) through the AP Classroom platform with the help of their AP teacher. Please contact Kaci Cook if there are any questions at 940-393-7207 or email@example.com. Please use this link to access the spring AP® exams and dates. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AcDHs51pHajTq4PXEcXtkCrS3MTozKM4/veiw?sup=sharing
- Sr NHS members are all asked to complete some random act of kindness for a fellow student then celebrate this by going by and hanging a note on the board outside Mrs. McCoy’s door because NHS SENIORS ROCK in September.
- FCA will meet Tonight at 7:00 @ First Baptist Church Summit.
- The following Jazz Musicians competed in the Region 2 Jazz Auditions. They made the band and two have a chance to qualify for the All-State Jazz Band on October 1: Clayton Roberts – 1st Chari Tenor Sax; will tape for State; Chrystian Chapman – 1st Chair Guitar; will tape for State; Levi Tate – 5th Chair Trumpet.
- A Jostens representative will be here Wednesday, to speak to Juniors regarding class ring orders.
- ** Students who drive and park their vehicles on campus must have a 2019-20 DHS Student Parking Permit. Students can purchase the permit in the 1st Floor Office for $35 (please know your vehicle information, including license plate #). Campus Administration will begin checking the student parking lot for permits this week, so students need to purchase and display their permits!
- DHS College Fair is on Wednesday, October 2, from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm at Decatur High School.
- StuCo will host a blood drive Friday, October 4. If you are 16 and older, please mark your calendars. One donation saves 3 lives. Donors are eligible for a red cord.
Last Modified Yesterday at 8:19 AM