Welcome to Counseling and Guidance
GOALS of the DHS Counseling Department
1. Provide all students with safe, nurturing, inclusive, and flexible learning environments.
2. Utilize data to develop, implement, and assess comprehensive guidance and counseling programs.
3. Guide all students as they plan, monitor, and manage their own educational, career, and personal-social-emotional development.
4. Ensure our program reflects district, state, and national counseling ethics, standards, and expectations.
5. Engage the 21st century learner through the use of technological tools.
6. Implement curriculum which develops personal-social-emotional skills.
7. Intervene on behalf of students with immediate personal concerns or problems in the areas of personal-social-emotional, career, and/or educational development.
8. Provide system support for our diverse community through: consultation with teachers; parent education and community partnerships; campus-based school improvement plans and goals; and state and local standardized testing program.To request a change in schedule for the 2018-2019, complete and submit the Schedule Change Request Form by Friday, May 11 at 3pm.
- Please ensure your completed form includes your parent's signature.
- If your request is in regards to athletics, band, choir, cheer, drill team, etc. the signature of that sport’s head coach or sponsor is required.
Viviana Carr, Administrative Assistant
Registrar and Enrollment
Kristy Phipps, Counselor
Last names: A-L
Catherine Kelly, Counselor
Last names: M-Z
The following link will take you to a referral form that will allow anyone to refer a student to the counseling office. This is a form to be used for self-referrals (students may refer themselves), and parents, teachers, and others may use this form to refer a DHS student to the counseling office. Please contact the counselors if you have questions regarding the referral process.