2019 Trustee Election Information
The Decatur Independent School District Board of Trustees consists of seven trustees, serving terms of three years, with elections held annually. The terms of one-third of the Trustees, or as near to one-third as possible, expire each year. Education Code 11.051(b), 11.059. The following positions will expire on Saturday, May 4, 2019 on which day a Trustee Election will be held:
Place 1: currently held by Wade Watson
Place 2: currently held by Cheri Boyd
A qualified candidate shall be defined as a person who is:
- a registered voter in the Decatur Independent School District.
- a resident in the Decatur Independent School District for six (6) months and a resident of the State of Texas for twelve (12) months prior to the filing deadline for election.
- a United States citizen and 18 years of age (or older) on the first day of the term to be filled at the election.
- a person who meets all other requirements as provided by law stated in Texas Election Laws: Election Code: Subchapter A: Eligibility Requirements for Public Office: Section 141.001.
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019: First Day to File
- Friday, February 15, 2019: Last Day to Order General Election
- Friday, February 15, 2019: Last Day to File (Deadline 5:00 pm)
- Thursday, April 4, 2019: Last Day to Register to Vote
- Monday, April 22, 2019 -Tuesday, April 30, 2019: Early Voting in Person
- Saturday, May 4, 2019: Election Day