Google Hangouts Meet is an online tool, which allows you to virtually gather and keep important meetings that can’t happen in person.
How does it work? Getting Started Joining a Meeting
- Teachers and schools can create events, like live classes, meetings or appointments using their Decatur ISD credentials.
- Students can join live classes using their school username and password (email@example.com)
- Parents can attend appointments and meetings using Google Hangouts Meet by using their computer or the Hangouts App for Android or iOS devices.
- Parents and Students can join by phone if a stable Internet connection is not available.
- Meeting organizers, like teachers or other school staff, can record meetings and live classes to be made available later if someone is not able to attend.
There is no installation required when using Google Chrome. You can also download the mobile app for iOS or Android on your mobile device.
- Open the meeting event in Outlook, Google Calendar, or the email that was sent to you previously.
- Click on the web address under Hangouts Meet joining info.
- Enable your audio and video if you would like then select “Join meeting”
- Select “Join meeting”.
- You can also call in with any phone using the phone number and PIN listed in your calendar invite.
Quick Tips and Features
Mute your microphone when you are not speaking to not disrupt the speaker
Group chat is available by selecting the messages icon during a call.
Record the meeting and share to Google Drive.
Turn on closed captions to automatically transcribe the speaker’s speech