Parking Permit applications are available in and should be submitted to first floor office at Decatur High School.When submitting application, student must have in hand the following:-license plate number, make & model of car-$35.00-a phone number where we can reach a parent**Campus Administration will begin checking the student parking lot for permits beginning September 23rd**
STUDENT PARKING GUIDELINES:
1. In order to park on campus, registration and parking permits must be purchased from first floor office at a cost of $35.00 and must be displayed on the vehicle at all times. Permits must be purchased and displayed by the end of the first six weeks of school if you plan to drive immediately. If driving a different car, tag must still be displayed.
2. Students will park in student parking lot only; permits will be displayed at all times. Cars must be legally parked in these areas at all times. ONE VEHICLE PER SPACE.
3. Student parking is restricted to the front student parking lot (the visitors loop). Students will not park in the parking lot adjacent to the front of the school or the Faculty Parking lots adjacent to the theater, the Field House, and the ag/shop building. Students will not park or drive on any unpaved surfaces at any time. If caught driving on grass or around gates student may be fined and may be charged for any damage to grounds and/or irrigation system. AT NO TIME WILL VEHICLES BE PARKED IN THE EMERGENCY FIRE LOOPS.
4. On school days, students may park at the Field House and ag/shop building after 4:00 pm.
5. Upon arriving at school, students will immediately vacate their vehicles and leave the parking lot. NO LOITERING IS ALLOWED IN OR AROUND STUDENT VEHICLES.
6. Students may not return to the parking lot during the school day without a pass from the office. Students who are in the parking lot during the day without a pass from the office will be subject to disciplinary action.
PARKING / DRIVING VIOLATIONS
· 1st time offense is a warning ticket unless damage to DISD property has occurred, for which a repair cost will be assessed.
· 2nd violation: offenders will be ticketed and assessed a $10.00 school fine.
· 3rd violation: offenders will be ticketed and assessed a $20.00 school fine, and a boot may be placed on their vehicle. Boots will be removed before 4:00 pm only for extraordinary reasons.
· Any further violations, student will meet with appropriate Assistant Principal to assess their parking privileges and a $25.00 school fine will be assessed.
Decatur ISD is not responsible for any loss or damages while parked at Decatur High School.