Welcome to Counseling and Guidance
GOALS of the DHS Counseling Department
1. Provide all students with safe, nurturing, inclusive, and flexible learning environments.
2. Utilize data to develop, implement, and assess comprehensive guidance and counseling programs.
3. Guide all students as they plan, monitor, and manage their own educational, career, and personal-social-emotional development.
4. Ensure our program reflects district, state, and national counseling ethics, standards, and expectations.
5. Engage the 21st century learner through the use of technological tools.
6. Implement curriculum which develops personal-social-emotional skills.
7. Intervene on behalf of students with immediate personal concerns or problems in the areas of personal-social-emotional, career, and/or educational development.
8. Provide system support for our diverse community through: consultation with teachers; parent education and community partnerships; campus-based school improvement plans and goals; and state and local standardized testing program.
Heather Dickey, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Enrollment
Dianna White, Registrar
Kristy Phipps, Counselor
Last names: A-G
Megan Thomas, Counselor
Last names: H-O
Catherine Kelly, Counselor
Last names: P-Z
The online form is to be used for self-referrals (students may refer themselves), and parents, teachers, and others may use this form to refer a DHS student to the counseling office. Please contact the counselors if you have questions regarding the referral process.