Procedures and Guidelines for
Student Council & Class Officer Elections
The following rules will be in effect for Student Council Officers and all Class Officers:
1. The deadline for signing up with the appropriate class/student body sponsor shall include the date and hour of the deadline. All classes must establish the same date and hour deadline for officer sign-up.
2. Once a candidate declares candidacy for any office by officially signing up with the appropriate class/student body sponsor, the candidate shall not make any change other than withdrawal from candidacy. Once withdrawn, a student will not be allowed to re-apply for any class/student body officer position.
3. Class officer elections will be held in conjunction with Senior Send Off. Student body officer elections will be held prior to class officer elections.*
4. In order to be eligible for candidacy, the student must have at least a 74 average in all classes every nine week grading period with no point adjustments.*
5. Candidates shall not have more than one unexcused absence per class during the current school year.*
6. Candidates must have been enrolled since the beginning of the current school year.
7. No student can run for office who has been assigned to ISS or DAEP for disciplinary reasons during the current school year.*
8. Fifth year students are not eligible to run for elective office in a club or organization.
9. Voting times and polling place will be determined by administration.
10. Once in office, if a class officer has more than two unexcused absences from a scheduled class activity or event, and/or fails to fulfill officer responsibilities, then that student will be ineligible to run for class officer the following year.
11. Students will not be allowed to run for class officer positions unless they agree to abide by the contract of responsibilities (see forms). Failure to abide by these responsibilities may result in removal from office.
*Due to Covid-19 requirements may be adjusted.