In Decatur ISD, we are proud of our schools and welcome visitors. For the safety of those within the school setting, all visitors are expected to demonstrate the highest standards of courtesy and conduct. Thank you in advance for helping us create a positive and respectful learning environment.
- Upon entering the campus, present your state issued I.D. to be scanned utilizing our safety solutions system (Raptor).
- Once cleared, you will be issued a visitor's badge, which must be worn at all times.
- Please remain in the designated areas
- DISD staff will deliver messages or items to the learners without disturbing the class.
- No person, other than the student's parent/guardian will be allowed to see the student without the parent/guardian's written permission or the parent/guardian being present. (Including but not limited to: ministers, rabbis, imams, priests and the like)
- Visitors must comply with the district's Electronic and Printed Materials guidelines for dissemination of information.
- Visitors may not recruit for fundraising activities, religious groups, youth groups or political causes when visiting school campuses
- Playground access is limited to staff members and students during school hours.
- Media representatives shall arrange visits to school campuses with the District's Communication Department at the Central Administration Building.
- Volunteers must complete a criminal background check every year they serve DISD. (Please allow 2 weeks for processing)
- Please schedule 24 hours in advance with principal/designee approval.
- The duration and/or frequency must not interfere with the delivery of instruction.
- Please do not bring younger siblings or children to classroom observations.
- Observers should not disrupt the learning environment by engaging students or the teacher in conversation.
- Parents/Guardians and non-school-aged siblings are welcome during the lunch period.
- Relatives and non-family members are welcome when accompanied by the parent/guardian or with written parent/guardian permission.
- The Texas Nutrition Policy does not permit the sharing of food with other students.
NOTE: Only the superintendent or designee shall grant exceptions to these guidelines. Any visitor who fails to comply with these guidelines and/or district policies may be prohibited from visiting the school and/or other district facilities.